TransferFriend’s mission is to significantly reduce the cost of cross-border money transfers, remittances and educate people on money matters in ASEAN. With the rapid growth of our team, we are looking for someone with a creative mind that is able to communicate key messages to the target audience.
As a Compliance Manager of TransferFriend, you will be required to ensure, through education, advice, and recommendations that the company and its employees comply with the various laws, rules, policies and ethical standards governing the money service business industry. It is of utmost importance for the Compliance Manager to have a good overview of the latest policies surrounding published by Bank Negara Malaysia and other financial regulators across Asia and integrate efficiently into the company’s process.
- Attention to detail
- You get things done even with limited resources available
- A calm and professional manner
- You’re discreet and stay courteous towards others
- Willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary
- You’re flexible in arrangements, understanding that priorities might change in an instant
- You’re able to multitask and prioritise, meet tight schedules, work independently under minimum supervision and committed with a strong sense of urgency
- Pleasant personality with strong initiative and coordination skills, self-motivated and with high degree of confidentiality
- You have a mature character, efficient and independent in organising your own work tasks
- Manage license application process and other statutory documents
- Carry out customer on boarding processes which includes e-KYC, due diligence checks and transaction monitoring
- Keep the company and key stakeholders up to date with latest regulatory requirements from Bank Negara Malaysia and other regional central banks
- Work closely with the product team to meet regulatory requirements pertaining to tech developments
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise internal policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborate with all other departments related to compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consult with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Develops and oversees a procedure for risk mitigation
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provides reports on a regular basis to management
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by management.
- Degree or Professional Qualification in any field
- An AML certification will be a strong advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skill
- You have excellent English writing and communication skills
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- You have at least 5 years of experiences in the compliance field within the Finance industry
- Experience with dealing with Bank Negara Malaysia is an added advantage
- You must be able to think out of the box when developing solutions
- Knowledge of Bahasa Malaysia or additional languages is an advantage
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and basic Mac applications
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
- You are ready to start soon – the position is available immediately
Are you interested? Send us your resume at [email protected]