TransferFriend aims to combine a world-class remittance service with entertaining financial education within the ASEAN market. We are a fast growing team in the FinTech start-up environment looking to onboard individuals who are not afraid to take on challenges, open to learning new skills and are able to communicate key messages to our target audiences.
As a Compliance Officer (Singapore based) at TransferFriend, you will be required to assist the Management in ensuring the company is in compliance with the Singapore Laws pertaining to the Money Service Business industry and the latest AML/CFT policies. A reliable professional who is not afraid to speak their mind and stand by their decisions. You should be familiar with risk management and our industry’s standards. If you also have a sharp business acumen, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
- Attention to detail
- You get things done even with limited resources available
- A calm and professional manner
- You’re discreet and stay courteous towards others
- Willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary
- You’re flexible in arrangements, understanding that priorities might change in an instant
- You’re able to multitask and prioritise, meet tight schedules, work independently under minimum supervision and committed with a strong sense of urgency
- Pleasant personality with strong initiative and coordination skills, self-motivated and with high degree of confidentiality
- You have a mature character, efficient and independent in organising your own work tasks
- Manage license application process and other statutory documents
- Carry out customer onboarding processes which include e-KYC, due diligence checks, and transaction monitoring
- Keep the company and key stakeholders up to date with the latest regulatory requirements from the authorities
- Work closely with the product team to meet regulatory requirements pertaining to tech developments
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise internal policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Collaborate with all other departments related to compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Consult with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Develops and oversees a procedure for risk mitigation
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provides reports on a regular basis to management
- Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers
- Monitor the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by management.
- Degree or Professional Qualification in any field
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
- An AML certification will be a strong advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skill
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Tact and discretion, for dealing with confidential information
- Experience with dealing with Monetary Authority of Singapore is an added advantage
- You must be able to think out of the box when developing solutions
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or additional languages is an advantage
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and basic Mac applications
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team.
- You are ready to start soon – the position is available immediately
Are you interested? Send us your resume at [email protected]